Microblading & PMU
Full range of all permanent cosmetic tattooing services. This includes nano brows, microblading, combination, ombre/powder brows. Eyeliners with crisp and shaded variations. Also, tinted lips, which is a gentle wash of gloss-n-go color for the lips.
Microblading/PMU consultation fees do NOT go towards the initial PMU appointment.
Microblading procedure normally requires multiple treatment sessions. For best results, clients will be required to return for at least one re-touch appointment. This will take place between 6-8 weeks after the initial procedure, and an additional fee is incurred at the touch up appointment. Those with oily skin may require an additional touch up. Please be aware that color intensity will be significantly darker and sharper in the several days immediately following the initial procedure and will reduce by 30-50%.
- Although numbing cream is used during the procedure, sensitive clients may still feel slight sensitivity/discomfort. Delicate or sensitive skin may be red and/or swollen after the procedure.
- Please come to your appointment with clean skin.
- Please do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- Where possible, try to avoid the following herbs and spices prior to your appointment:
- Black pepper, Cardamom, any member of the Zingiberaceae (Ginger) family, Cayenne, Cinnamon, Garlic, Horseradish, & Mustard
- Please avoid blood thinning medications 24 hours prior to treatment. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, advil and other anti-inflammatory drugs. Never stop taking medication prescribed by your doctor without his or her consent.
- If you have existing permanent makeup, you must email a picture to our artist. Unless it is significantly faded, you are not a good candidate for micrblading. Not all existing tattoos can be covered by microblading.
- Brow waxing may be performed no less than 48 hours before the procedure.
- Electrolysis treatment should be undergone no less than 5 days before the procedure.
- AHA products and retinoids should be avoided no less than 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Microdermabrasion should not be performed within 2 weeks of procedure.
- Chemical and laser peels may occur no less than 6 weeks prior to procedure.
- Please wait 2 weeks if you have had Botox injections before microblading.
Healing takes, on average, about 7-10 days.
Day 1: You will want to blot with a clean tissue every hour. This will prevent too much lymph build up, which causes heavy scabbing, which in turn will reduce pigment retention. Wash at least three times on the first day with warm water and anti-bacterial soap (good soaps to use include cetaphil, micellar water or neutrogena), but please no cleansers with perfumes, dyes or active ingredients, i.e. acids, exfoliants, retinol, etc. When caring for your brows the first week you want to make sure that you are washing separate from your makeup so as not to get any makeup buildup on them. Wash for 10 seconds with very little pressure, pat dry, and apply healing ointment with a clean q tip or clean hands.
Day 2-10: Wash brows morning and evening, pat dry with clean tissue, apply ointment with clean q tip or clean hands.
Do not attempt to remove any scabbing. Allow any peeling that may occur to come off naturally in its own time. Please avoid saturating brows with water. For example, avoid swimming pools, exposing brows to direct shower spray, or letting water saturate your brows in any way.
- Avoid heavy sweating for at least 1 week.
- Do not use makeup or other skincare products on your brows for 14 days.
- Avoid sauna, steam rooms and tanning beds and sun exposure for 14 days.
- If brows itch during healing process, do NOT scratch or pick at them. You may gently tap to release the itch.
- Avoid chemical peels, microdermabrasion and other peeling agents during the healing process.
Microblading, also known as featherstroke brows, eyebrow embroidery, 3D or 6D brows, is a form of permanent makeup which is implemented using a handheld tool comprised of micro needles in the shape of a blade. It is NOT performed with a machine. This hand tool method creates crisp, hair like strokes that mimic actual brow hair. The pigment is implanted in the deeper layers of the epidermis. Microblading is a great method to create the illusion of more hair and volume to your brows.
Shading, also known as SoftTap, tebori tattooing, is also a hand tool method in which the pigment is tapped into the deeper layers of the epidermis. This is sometimes referred to as a powder brow because it mimics the look of makeup, or brow powder. This method can stand alone or be combined with microblading, and is designed to be a more filled in look.
Ombre brows can be any combination of strokes and shading, or just shading. The look can be achieved via hand tool or machine method. It will have the appearance of light and soft at the head of the brow to darker at the tail, and then darker to lighter from the base to the top of the brow. Multiple pigment colors are used to layer and build up the brow color to achieve the gradual ombre powdery look.
You cannot use any type of lash growth serum 4 weeks prior and they can't get wet or have makeup on them for 5 days after your appointment.
Your filler must be done 6 weeks before. If you get cold sores you have to be on antiviral one day before the appointment, double on the same day appointment, and then one dose the day after your appointment.
Normally done within 6-8 weeks of initial appointment. It is advised to do within this period for best retention of desired brow results. There is an additional fee incurred for touch ups.
This is what to book for a touch up 9 months + beyond, after your initial appointment to boost your brows/color, and anything after your first touch up.